Area Information for Cary, North Carolina
Over the last few years, Cary’s population has exploded thanks to the high quality of life and fantastic location that it offers residents.
This suburb of Raleigh – which is located almost entirely in Wake County and partly in Chatham county – is the second largest municipality in Wake County and the third largest in the Triangle.
Between the 2000 and 2010 Census, the population of Cary grew from 94,536 to more than 135,000 residents!
The US Census Bureau has said that Cary was the 5th fastest growing municipality in the country between 2006 and 2007!
Cary has certainly become a force to be reckoned with in the greater Triangle metropolitan region!
Education in Cary
Perhaps one of the draws to Cary is its excellent public education system. Served by the Wake County Public Schools system, Cary residents attend such high performing schools as:
- Cary High School
- Green Hope High School
- Middle Creek High School
- Davis Drive Middle School
- East Cary Middle School
- Mills Park Middle School
- Adams Elementary School
- Briarcliff Elementary School
- Carpenter Elementary School
- Cary Elementary School
- Davis Drive Elementary School
- Farmington Woods Elementary School
What’s more, there are also a number of quality private schools in the area, such as:
- Cary Academy
- Cary Christian School
- Grace Christian School
- Hopewell Academy
- Saint Michael the Archangel Catholic School
Thing to do on the Cary, NC Real Estate Market
Cary isn’t just a great place to work and learn, however. It’s a great place to enjoy the weekend or your free time as well!
Consider all of the fantastic recreational amenities that Cary residents have right at their fingertips:
- Koka Booth Amphitheatre @ Regency Park
- Page-Walker Hotel
- WakeMed Soccer Park, where the Carolina RailHawks play.
- William B. Umstead State Park
- Fred G. Bond Metropolitan Park
- Prestonwood Country Club
- Macgregor Downs Country Club
There are also a number of fun, family-friendly festivals and events each year in Cary, including:
- Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival
- Spring Daze Arts & Crafts Festival
- Cary Diwali Celebration - Festival of Light
- Ritmo Latino Music, Art and Dance Festival
- And more!
Cary, NC Properties for Sale
Cary’s culture has grown richer as its sense of community has grown stronger over the years. Today, Cary is no longer just a “suburb of Raleigh” – it’s an incredible, diverse community in its own right.
As your Cary REALTORS, we’ll be happy to tell you about the various Cary residential neighborhoods as well as let you know about available listings.